Guild of the Lonely Ones

Hello lovely!


Yes, I'm still in Second Life, nearly 14 years later, having barely scratched the surface of the place. Yes, I still blow $20 each month on things that do not even exist. I still haven't chatted via voice, roleplayed, or really tried to create something. Nor have I figured out how to truly meditate during guided meditations in Second Life without being distracted. 

The question swirling in my mind these days, is - where do all the lonely folks in Second Life hang out?  99% of my time spent here is lonely, and I have no doubt that there are others like me. I want to find all of them and have a weekly support group. The only real friend I have made in SL is now my close friend in real life, and he seldom plays SL. 

Send all the lonely ones my way.

Comments

  1. Hi. I saw your post on the SL community forums and after some clicking i ended up on your blog. I have recently returned to SL after a year hiatus and find that all my former friends have moved on. I like your idea of creating a community of support. If you would like to connect inward, my av is Billie Ellesmere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some reflective places to go, where you can meet with a fellow deep-thinker here and there. Some places I think fit this description well are 'Ode' http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ode/185/90/82

    Cala Galadhon's 'Gulf of Lune' and linked sims http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gulf%20of%20Lune/226/211/21

    and (possibly my favourite at the moment) 'Lost Unicorn' http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lost%20Unicorn/229/221/24

    Happy adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment